Monday, January 5, 2009

Apple's Latest & Greatest?


I just saw this video that @caseywright shared on Twitter and it had me laughing out loud. I've been a Mac user for several years now, and I always eagerly await their announcements about the latest and greatest products to hit the market. Apple has certainly raised the bar when it comes to innovation in design and aesthetics. However, there have been some hilarious spoofs of Mac products. This is just the most recent one that I've come across.

Here's another recent jab at Apple that recently aired on Matt Groening's The Simpsons. In this episode, Lisa's thrilled to find out that their mall just got a 'Mapple Store' and the whole family shows up just in time to catch 'Steve Mobs' keynote address...



And then there's Mad TV's iRack sketch. It's been around for over a year, but it still gets me every time:



While I fully understand that Apple has it's critics, I still think they do an incredible job of designing and marketing their products. The shroud of secrecy that veils each new Apple release generates a tonne of hype and interest in all things Apple. And just look at the amount of exposure that Apple gets from the mainstream media that they don't even have to pay for. Despite all of their critics, in my book...

Apple = Cool

Gotta get to the Apple Store and pre-order myself one of them there MacBook Wheels ;-)


No comments: